Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Tribute to the Elderly: Church Outreach Ministry- Part IV

inside SM Mall of Asia
Mom with Lior
  
Our next stop was at the SM Mall of Asia. The last time we went there was three years ago and Dad was still with us. Mom and the other elderly boarded a mobile cart to take them to the nearest elevator. It would be effortful for them to walk the distance especially for Mom. It wasn’t like at the Manila Ocean Park where she rode a wheel chair. It was nice that Ghen, Sally and Anabelle were alternately guiding her by the hand.

Mom & I with Ghen, Sally; Anabelle w/ Ate Beks at the background
We went there to have our snack at Razon’s at the second floor. We had a luscious halu-halo (a Filipino dessert) treat with small cheesy ensaymadas (bread with cheese and sugar toppings) on the side. Sally and I even put some cheese in our (halu-halo) dessert for an added taste. Everybody had a great snack.

Afterwards, it was time to go home. We took a little walk toward the Bayview side of SM-MOA where we could board an elevator. Kuya Danny was pushing my wheel chair so I got there ahead of everybody. I had a good view of the Manila Bay sunset although it was a little cloudy that day. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera so I failed to capture the sight.

Soon as the others got there, we left through the elevator.

We got tied in a traffic jam on our way back to Lagro. It took us almost two hours or more on the road so, they decided to stop over “Jollibee” (a fast food restaurant) to have our dinner first. Although, mom and I just decided to stay in the van while the others went inside. They just brought us burger steaks and drinks.

It was a great day. Mom enjoyed it so much. I hope we could do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment