Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"Ang Bunga" the Musical Play

Ang Bunga Casts Photo
Ang Bunga Casts
This is the third musical play that I have written for Lagro UMC. In comparison with “Sa Sangandaan”, I have not used original music for this play but we have improved in lighting and stage design particularly the “Tree”.

Ghen, our stage director, has asked me to write the play last May but I have only started writing first week of June but I don’t know but it seems that I have suffered from a writer’s block. I just couldn’t get my thoughts together. Anyway, if I remember right, I have finished the entire script around first week of August and I have sent to Ghen a copy for printing.

The Director and the Playwright
Then, my computer’s motherboard has crashed that time. Whew! (That’s one reason I could not do any additional enhancement to the script) and then I have found out that the copy I have sent to Ghen has three pages missing. What? I know I have saved the script on my PC so I have sent a copy to Ghen already. It seems that I have not saved the file properly before the computer has crashed. I think, it’s already the last week of September that time. I’ve asked the director to double check the file but it has yielded the same result, incomplete pages. It means at least three pages are missing and those are the crucial scenes.

So, I’ve had to borrow a laptop from a friendly neighbor so I could re-write the last two scenes and send it again to Ghen right away in time for practice. Whew! That has been scary. It has taken me almost two days to re-write the last two scenes.

Practices have gone smoothly. Music is still with a live band accompaniment. However, I have only used pop music selections since dialogues and monologues do not need to be set into music.

The Playwright
I have found inspiration for the “Ang Bunga” script from Matthew 21:18-20, about the fig tree that the Lord has cursed for not bearing fruit. Indeed, the value of a fruit tree is in its bearing fruits. Same with a Christian, he needs to bear the fruit of the Spirit to keep a valuable testimony to other people. His enemy, Satan, does not want him to do so. He has released the seven deadly sins to hook the child of God and prevent him from becoming what God wants him to be. The play revolves around this concept. The cursed tree in the play represents a person who has died in his sin but by God’s grace, he would come back to life by the power of Christ in his life.



Scene with Mga Bunga ng Espiritu Characters (seated at the back from left, Neneng Jimenez, Noni Panganiban, Rose Reyes and Michelle Bamba)
Sina Inggit, Pagnanasa, Galit, Pag-iimbot at Katakawan (Lisette Inigo, Oni Cerdena, Abby Ojenar, Elijah Alivia and Yeye Jimenez
Sina Palalo at Katamaran
Mga Bunga ng Espiritu Characters (Kien Aby Ojenar, Angel Vinluan, EJ Bangloy, Karen Hernandez, Levi Alivia and Michelle Bamba)
The Band in practice
Main Characters: Rhodora at Hardinero (CJ Bangloy and Rev Rolly Abesamis)
The Make-Up Artist- Ms. Makki Alivia
Ang Puno- sa matiyagang paglikha ni Pastora Andrea Agovida
Ang Puno Characters
From left- Pastora Andrea Agovida, Deaconess Julie Ann Soriano and Ate Anabel Abesamis
Ang Bunga Casts and Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment